Bygging Infrastructure started operations in 1999. It is part of the BYGGING INDIA group which has been in existence since 1983. Prior to 1999, the manufacturing and export of tank jacking equipment was done under the name of Bygging India Ltd.
Dipak Modi is at the helm of Bygging Infrastructure. He has been involved with manufacturing tank jacking equipment under 'BYGGING' since 1990. From a small workshop back then, Bygging has now evolved into a medium sized manufacturing unit having 35,000 square feet of covered factory floor area in MIDC Rabale, Navi Mumbai, a vibrant industrial area near Mumbai and near the Nhava Sheva port. Bygging has exported tank lifting and welding equipment to 91 countries as of March 2022. Bygging keeps on innovating new products in the field of tank jacking and tank welding to increase productivity and to help tank builders save time and money. The team under Dipak Modi developed and added new products to Bygging's product range, such as telescopic jacks for building grain storage silos, aluminium jacks for tank maintenance and repair, jacks with lifting hooks for API 650 tanks and for FGD absorber tanks, submerged arc automatic girth welding machines for horizontal welding on tanks, and multi-strand jacks for synchronised heavy lifting.
Bygging was involved in complex projects, such as :
- Jacking up of inner shell (weighing 1322 tons) for an LNG Tank at RGPPL, Dabhol (formerly ENRON),
- Jacking up of gas holder tank 55.7 metre diameter x 64 metre high, weighing 1900 tons in Ukraine.
- Erection of absorber (scrubber) tank for flue-gas desulphurisation (FGD) unit using jacks with lifting hooks for the first time ever for GE Powerat NTPC - Meja.
- Double side (double tandem) SAW welding including root pass on 9% Nickel steel tank shell for LNG tanks at Adani-TOTAL in Dhamra, Odisha, submerged arc welding of blast furnaces at JSW, Torangallu and at Tata Steel, Kalinganagar,
- Jacking up of a 102 metre x 23.6 metre high tank weighing 1280 tons at Exxon Mobil, Singapore.
Dipak Modi incorporated PT. INDO BYGGING TANKNOLOGY, in Indonesia which sells and rents tank jacking equipment from its warehouse in Tangerang, near Jakarta.